Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Giroud Interview with Sport Bild, per L'Equipe


Original (French) version here - this is not an official translation, meant only to help out non-French speakers. Any errors are my own. But I have tried. Promise.
*************************************
Olivier Giroud spoke to Sport Bild on Wednesday, and revealed he was aware of the interest of Bayern München and that he felt ready to deal with competition with Mario Gomez: “I have not personally had discussions with Bayern but my agent has.  We are both the same height and have a similar profile, but there are also differences.  Mario Gomez is very adroit in front of goal, very strong in the area; I can also score from distance. Given the number of competitions that Bayern are in, Gomez and I could rotate."

Giroud also confirmed that he has been advised by Franck Ribéry and that he would like to have his future settled before the Euros: “I have already spoken to Ribéry about the Bundesliga, the fans, the stadia and life in Germany.  I have to say that the Premier League stays a notch above the Bundesliga.  But I have regulaarly followed Bundesliga matches.  I would definitely like to settle my future before Euro 2012.”
***************************